Nothing is More Important Than This…
• “We hold these truths to be self-evident…”
• How can one be saved? Lots of ideas…
• Luke 14:26-33
• Count the cost! Are you willing to submit to God’s will for how you are saved?
HOW WERE PEOPLE SAVED IN THE BOOK OF ACTS? (See chart in slides)
• “…the NT speaks of only baptized believers (as far as we can tell).” –John MacArthur, quoting Daniel Wallace
• These men (who do not believe baptism is essential for salvation) admit the New Testament speaks of only baptized believers!
• So, too, must every honest Bible student.
• Naaman—2 Kings 5:1-14
All these verses say we are saved by…
• “You have your verses, and I have mine.”
• It is about getting to heaven! So, focus on the concepts expressed in scripture.
• “We aren’t saved by Faith + obedience, but by an obedient faith.” Fine!
• 12-18 concepts in the NT associated with salvation.
• “Since the Bible doesn't contradict itself, any interpretation of a specific passage that contradicts the general teaching of the Bible is to be rejected.”
• If Baptism is, indeed, a part of salvation, don’t we have to understand the passages dealing with faith/grace/repentance/etc. in this light?
• “What must I do?” Do we ask this question?
• Acts 16:25-34 (Believe!)
• Acts 2:6-39 (Repent and be Baptized!)
• Acts 22:6-16 (Be Baptized!)
• The answer the asker received was based on where he was at the time…and what he needed to do next.
What about the sincerely wrong?
• What about those who die on the way to being baptized? What about those in the jungle who never hear the gospel? What about the thief on the cross?
• What does that have to do with YOU?
If this is true…it condemns my family.
• If they are living…
• If they have died…God is perfect. He will not make “mistakes” in judgment.
• Luke 16:19-31